Enrolling for El Paso Obamacare Health Insurance

How do I enroll for the 2017 El Paso Obamacare Health Insurance?

Open Enrollment for El Paso Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act starts November 1st 2016 to January 31st 2017. But you can still enroll any day of the year if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (You can sign up for Health Insurance if you've had certain changes in your life, like losing health coverage, moving, change in marital status, having a baby, or adopting a child). Call Us at 915-613-5102 to help you understand the Health Insurance options you may have.

To prepare for Enrollment you can familiarize yourself with different kinds of Health Insurance Coverage, find answers to questions you have, and learn what you need to know about Health Care Plans.

How can I start now?

  • We will provide you with all the information you need to find the Health Insurance Plan that suits your needs and finances. If you are aware of the different types of coverage you can choose from, you can benefit greatly. If your income is low you may be except from Obamacare and you may qualify for healthcare coverage from la Clinica San Vicente or UMC (University Medical Center), they have special Healthcare plans for people that do not qualify for Obamacare.
  • Write your questions prior to the time you come to see us.
  • Basic information on your household income is necessary to know if you can receive a government subsidy. You can get this information from your W-2. Current pay stubs or your Tax Returns. We need your projected gross income (income before taxes) for the year you will enroll, the number of dependants you have an their ages and income if they work (remember that students younger than 26 that are your dependants can be included in your insurance).
  • Different plans will have different monthly cost and coverage cost. You have to decide the amount you want to pay as Premium each month and the type of coverage. You can decide not to enroll in Obamacare and pay the penalty of 2.5% of your annual gross income or $2094 per family which ever is greater once you file your taxes next year.
  • If your employer does not provide Health Insurance Coverage for you anymore or the insurance is too expensive you will have to enroll in Obamacare. You will pay a Fine if you don't enroll in any type of Health Insurance Coverage by January 31st.
  • We can assist you in understanding how Health Insurance Plans can work for you and your family in El Paso Texas. Call us 915-613-5102
  • Health Insurance Vocabulary you Must Understand

  • Premium- a fixed sum of money has to be deposited by you to your insurance plan. This is called a premium. It is usually deposited once every month. It is necessary to pay this amount even if you don't use any medical care in that month.
  • Deductible- this is an amount which you have to initially pay for you medical care, before the company starts to make any payments for your care. There are plans which have lower deductibles coming up to $500 or even a ZERO dollar deductible (Beware of very low or non existent deductibles, Monthly Premium payments will be very high). Others can have higher deductibles coming up to $4,000. Many of the plans entitle you with free medical services and care before you have met your deductible.
  • Copayment- while receiving medical care a copayment is a fixed sum of money which you pay after you have provided your deductible. A simple example will help in better understanding- if you visit the doctor for a checkup and it costs $150, you have to pay only $25 (Copay), the rest will be covered by your plan.
  • Coinsurance- it is same as copayment, a percentage of the cost is covered by you. For example: on a medical bill of $100, 20% of the payment is to be made by you, while your plan covers the other 80%. Verify your Health's Plan formula, 20% - 80%, in this case you pay 20% and your Insurance Company 80% of the cost, but the formula can vary depending on your plan.